With 65 years in business, ECC has established a long history of connecting organizations to better experiences through technology. We've grown to become one of the top 50 systems integrators in the United States, and our people are the reason for our success.
Our team is built around people that make a difference, creating solutions that make an impact. From football stadiums, to hospitals, to schools and banks, you'll help provide the technology systems that power the Midwest.
The Project Manager is primarily responsible for effectively managing projects for multiple, multi-faceted new construction, renovation, and/or equipment upgrade type projects from start to completion.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following areas of responsibility represent Key Results Areas (KRA’s) for which performance may be measured:
1. Project Management
- Assigns and leads project team resources, including but not limited to: Field Technicians, Architects, GC’s, Subcontractors and Electricians.
- Formulates a plan for assignment, scheduling, and direction of work to the project team.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems in a timely and efficient manner.
2. Project Systems Delivery and Installation
- Conducts on-site surveys regularly to verify readiness to accept system installation.
- Arranges timely systems deliveries to meet project timelines and goals; communicate directly to affected project personnel and/or customers, where necessary.
- Provides oversight of completion of installation, programming, and testing, including any modifications, as approved, in accordance with the system plans and documents, and in compliance with established Technical Services Standards.
- Provides oversight of the team’s testing of the system, and subsequent corrections, where necessary, and verifies that the system meets design specifications, workmanship standards, and functional and operational requirements.
- Communicates recommended or necessary design changes to the system to engineering for preparation of as-built CAD’s.
3. Project Acceptance and Closure
- Communicates and documents customer needs, expectations, and satisfaction up to and until system(s) acceptance.
- Assists customer with training needs and delivery of As-Builts.
- Submits required job billing and closing documents, and in accordance with company policies and procedures in a timely manner, thereby enabling the turnover of the system to the Support Department for future warranty and support.
- Ensures a minimum chargeability of hours worked is 65%.
- Completes primary duties and responsibilities within the budgeted time allotments or agreed upon timeframes, and without significant errors.
- Completes projects at less than 5% over the budgeted total cost as modified by a negotiated change order or orders.
- Provides feedback to facilitate improvements to the systems integration process.
- Safeguards and documents equipment and materials assigned to projects in accordance with company policies.
5. Planning and Scheduling of Installation and Subcontracting Activities
- Maintains current job plans and specifications.
- Coordinates the procurement of equipment, materials, supplies, and services; controls timely delivery to job site.
- Formulates the project installation plan, prepares and implements operational procedures for the specific project, and communicates the installation plan and operational procedures to team members.
- Following the review of project information, and exercising independent discretion, formulates, negotiates, and implements necessary changes in design, contract price, installation plan, or other activity and coordinates necessary resources to accomplish any change or correction.
- Creates and maintains construction schedule and coordinates task scheduling of trades and sub-contractors.
- Monitors the performance of subcontractors.
- Apprises superiors, subordinates, and customers of project progress.
- Oversees maintenance of project files, records of job status, job changes, material flow and other control records and assigns and directs the preparation and processing of reports for internal and external use.
- Participates in bidding and estimating projects.
- Leads weekly and daily construction and/or team meetings.
6. Planning and Scheduling of Installation and Subcontracting Activities
- Operates as the immediate representative or “face” of the Company when interacting with Customers.
- Develops a relationship with the Customer’s key decision maker.
- Walks or virtually inspects jobsite to ensure quality installation and project plan implementation.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and troubleshooting related to assigned projects.
7. Job Status and Cost Monitoring
- Analyzes design plan and related information to determine labor and material requirements.
- Assists Install Manager in forecasting labor resource needs.
- Monitors and analyzes project financial reports to assure cost control and to project profitability.
- Provides information required for monthly job billing.
- Monitors other reports and works with various management tools to define or predict project problems and to formulate a plan for troubleshooting problems.
- Formulates plan of action to remedy project problem and implements the plan to assure project profitability and customer satisfaction.
8. Job Closure
- Delivers project’s final documentation to the Customer and initiates last call.
- Delivers documentation and Certificate of Completion to the Customer within 24 hours of receipt.
- Prepares a post-project review with Install Manager, Engineering, and Account Executive on select key projects.
9. Customer Service
- Serves as the face of the organization to best represent the ECC brand and reputation; properly greets and interacts with customers in a courteous, respectful, and professional manner.
- Presents self in a professional manner and positively represents the company image.
10. Internal Communication
- In accordance with Company policies and procedures, effectively coordinates resources with the Scheduling Coordinator.
- Utilizes Lead Tech or General Foreman as the primary communication conduit for technical questions, verifications, and issue reporting.
- Completes all required documentation accurately and within expected timeframes. This includes but may not be limited to: project handbooks, Company’s CRM, and timekeeping.
- Recognizes change order opportunities and job-related issues.
- Be solution-focused by providing communication to Lead Tech or General Foreman with potential resolution.
- Provide “end-of-day” job status update to the assigned Project Manager prior to leaving each day.
- Ensures job completion prior to reporting to Install Manager.
11. Technical Standards
- Ensures consistent adherence to company established technical service standards, thereby insuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintains accurate on-site installation supplies and materials inventory levels to ensure adequate availability for installations.
12. Additional Responsibilities
- Performs work in adherence to OSHA and company safety policies and procedures as they are introduced to the Company; promptly report unsafe work conditions to supervisor.
- Ensures proper PPE is worn based upon working conditions.
- Cultivates positive working relationships within and across departments.
- Engages in behaviors that foster a healthy work environment and company culture.
- Presents self in a professional manner and appropriately represent the Company image.
- Adheres to company-issued policies, procedures, core values, behavioral or other standards as prescribed by the Company.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Ability to read, interpret, understand, and act upon general construction documentation including blueprints, schematics, and Construction Master Format.
- Ability to read, understand, and act upon a written Scope of Work or Work Narrative.
- Familiarity with AV system installation.
- Proficiency of programs such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and CRM.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and effectively handle stressful situations.
- Capable of working independently, without direct supervision or guidance, as well as in a team environment.
- Must be solution-focused, forward-thinking and organized.
- Must be personable, possess adequate communication, customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with internal and external team members.
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies as they are introduced to the Company.
- Highly adaptable to change.
- Ability to present self in a professional manner and positively represent the company image.
- Ability to work long hours, evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required by the job.
Required Education and/or Work Experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience.
- CTS or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience managing projects.
- 5+ years in a customer-facing, customer service role.
- Proficiency with construction techniques and structured cabling.
- Experience with ticketing systems.
Preferred Education and/or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- PMP or CAPM certification.
Motor Vehicle Requirements
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proof of vehicle insurance is required for those who may drive a personal vehicle for business.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such requests should be made in writing to the position’s supervisor and/or Human Resources. All requests shall require review by the Human Resources department.
- Ability to communicate and interact verbally, both in person and over the phone.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 5 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to travel overnight, up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to travel to work locations nationally and possibly internationally.
- Ability to use personal computers, basic scanning devices, smart phones and professional tablets effectively; aptitude to learn new technologies as they are introduced to the company.
- Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Benefits including flexible spending account, health, dental, and vision
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays (8)
- 401K/Profit sharing
- Short term disability
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Dynamic company culture
ECC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER.