The reason why ECC has become one of the top systems integrators in the U.S. is our service. With our responsive and effective support, our clients know they have a technology partner they can rely on, and that's why they continue to partner with us.
As our firm continues to grow, so does our need for more people on our Service Team to support our systems. The Service Technician is responsible for daily activities of Service and Support to our Clients, both internal and external. Our Service Technicians service, inspect, and maintain all of our technology solutions including Access Control, Audio/Visual, Fire Alarm, Healthcare Communications, Sound Systems, & Video Surveillance. The Service Technician is the front-line support of our business. From football stadiums, to hospitals, to schools and banks, you'll immerse yourself throughout the Midwest being hands-on with the technology that powers it. As a Tier II Technician, you’ll support our Customers, Service Technicians, Installation Technicians, and other employees with support calls.
- Receives support calls escalated by Tier 1 and provide remote troubleshooting support to clients
- Documents all troubleshooting steps performed per support call; escalate to Tier 3, as required
- Serves as Tier 3, on-site client support upon request
- Provides training for the technical staff to develop and maintain the skills required providing the highest level of support for products that the company promotes
- Ensures consistent adherence to company established technical service standards, thereby insuring the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Resolves customer problems or complaints relating to support calls are promptly addressed and documented as per company policies and/or guidelines
- Provides proper tools, materials and test equipment to maintain the highest technical quality possible within the constraints of strong financial management
- Maintains accurate service supplies and materials inventory levels to ensure adequate availability for support calls
- Assists with offsite Alarm Central account setup and troubleshooting
- Provides feedback to Managed Services on customer needs for Complete Care offerings and is involved in updated offerings
- Assist in R&D of company provided solutions
- Maintain Chargeability of 80%
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Willingness to attend Manufacturer’s training as requested and train others
- Associates Degree in Electronics
- Strong researching, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent phone and email communication skills.
- Able to provide excellent customer experience.
- Be a point of escalation for difficult customer cases, de-escalating the situation where needed.
- Adaptability to work independently and part of a team bringing in experts when needed.
- Current concepts around secure remote PC access/VPN.
- Setup and use of TeamViewer and other remote software.
- Passion for technology and learning.
- Work well with employees in other departments and from other offices.
- Ability to deploy on site solution when needed.
- Valid state driver's license
- Pass a pre-employment test/drug screen
- Willing to travel when necessary
- Willing to work overtime/weekends when necessary
- Must be able to climb and work off ladders, scaffolding and lifts
- Must be able to lift 50lbs when necessary
Experience in troubleshooting a majority of the following systems:
Nurse Call: Ascom, Dukane, Tektone
Wandering Resident Systems: Secure Care, Accutech
Access Control: Genetec, Paxton, Identicard
CCTV: Genetec, Milestone, Bosch
Intrusion Security: Bosch
Fire Alarm: Conventional & Addressable, Siemens, Bosch
Audio/Visual: Crestron, Simpl Windows, VT-Pro, AMX, Pro Sound
Have or work on obtaining the following certifications::
- Benefits including flexible spending account, health, dental, and vision
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (8)
- 401K/Profit sharing
- Short term disability
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Dynamic company culture
- Company apparel stores
- Per diem
- Company paid hotel room for individual
- Cell phone stipend
ECC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER.