Lincoln, NE | Wichita, KS | Kansas City, MO | Springfield, MO
With 65 years in business, ECC has established a long history of connecting organizations to better experiences through technology. We've grown to become one of the top 50 systems integrators in the United States, and our people are the reason for our success. With our Imperium Jail Control solution, ECC gives correctional organizations the ability to control their entire facility right from a touch screen. We’re seeking qualified technicians to help us empower correctional facilities throughout the Midwest by implementing this cutting-edge technology, as well as any of our other powerful technology solutions.
The Electronic Systems Technician is primarily responsible for effectively installing projects in multiple, multifaceted new construction, renovation, and/or equipment upgrade type projects from start to completion within the Correctional Market. The following areas of responsibility represent Key Results Areas (KRA’s) for which performance may be measured:
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following areas of responsibility represent Key Results Areas (KRA’s) for which performance may be measured:
1. Equipment Installation
- Through education and practice, develops an understanding of industry wiring installation standards and practices.
- Off-site staging and testing of equipment delivered and initial programming.
- On-site rack installation and interface with field wiring/devices.
- Properly labels equipment and field cabling in accordance with ECC Technical Standards.
- Performs installation tasks such as cable placement and termination.
- Maintains a debris-free workspace.
- Configures PC’s onto network and establishes connections for remote diagnostics.
2. Customer Service
- Serves as the face of the organization to best represent the ECC brand and reputation.
- Properly greets and interacts with customers in a courteous, respectful, and professional manner.
- Presents a positive demeanor and represents the company's image.
- Maintains functional understanding of the installed systems.
- Clearly articulates to clients any necessary information about the installed systems.
3. Technical Standards
- Ensures consistent adherence to company's established technical service standards, thereby ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintains proper tools, materials, and test equipment to sustain the highest technical quality possible within the constraints of strong financial management.
- Maintains accurate inventory levels of supplies and materials to ensure adequate availability for on-site installations.
4. Project Acceptance and Closure
- Communicates and documents customer needs, expectations, and satisfaction up to and until system(s) acceptance.
- Assists Project Manager with training needs and delivery of As-Builts.
- Ensures a minimum charge-ability of hours worked is 95%.
- Completes primary duties and responsibilities within the budgeted time allotments or agreed-upon time frames, and without significant errors.
- Completes projects at or below 5% of the budgeted total cost as modified by a negotiated change order or orders.
- Provides feedback to facilitate improvements to the system(s) integration process.
- Safeguards and documents equipment and materials assigned to projects in accordance with company policies.
6. Planning and Scheduling of Installation and Subcontracting Activities
- Maintains current job plans and specifications.
- Assists in the project installation plan, prepares and implements operational procedures for the specific project, and communicates the installation plan and operational procedures to team members.
- Following the review of project information, and exercising independent discretion, formulates, negotiates, and discusses necessary changes in design, contract price, installation plan, or other activity and coordinates necessary resources or personnel to accomplish any change or correction.
- Assists Project Manager in the creation and maintaining of the construction schedule. Assists in task scheduling of trades and sub-contractors.
- Monitors the performance of subcontractors.
- Oversees maintenance of project files, records of job status, job changes, material flow, and other control records and assigns and directs the preparation and processing of reports for internal and external use.
7. Quality Assurance and Customer Satisfaction
- Operates as the immediate representative or “face” of the company when interacting with Customers.
- Develops a relationship with the Customer’s key decision maker.
- Walks or virtually inspects job site to ensure quality installation and project plan implementation.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and troubleshooting related to assigned projects.
8. Internal Communication
- In accordance with company policies and procedures, effectively coordinates resources with the Scheduling Coordinator.
- Utilizes Lead Tech as the primary communication conduit for technical questions, verifications, and issue reporting.
- Completes all required documentation accurately and within expected time frames. This includes, but may not be limited to: project handbooks, company’s CRM, and timekeeping.
- Recognizes change order opportunities and job-related issues.
- Be solution-focused by providing communication to Lead Tech with a potential resolution.
- Provide “end-of-day” job status updates to the assigned Project Manager prior to leaving each day.
- Ensures job completion prior to reporting to the Project Manager.
- Performs work in adherence to OSHA and company safety policies and procedures as they are introduced to the company; promptly reports unsafe work conditions to supervisor.
- Ensures proper PPE is worn based upon working conditions.
- Cultivates positive working relationships within and across departments.
- Engages in behaviors that foster a healthy work environment and company culture.
- Presents self in a professional manner and appropriately represents the company's image.
- Adheres to company-issued policies, procedures, core values, behavior, or other standards as prescribed by the company.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Ability to read, interpret, understand, and act upon general construction documentation including blueprints, schematics, and Construction Master Format.
- Ability to read, understand, and act upon a written Scope of Work or Work Narrative.
- Familiarity with AV system installation.
- Proficiency of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and CRM.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and effectively handle stressful situations.
- Capable of working independently, without direct supervision or guidance, as well as in a team environment.
- Must be solution-focused, forward-thinking, and organized.
- Must be personable, possess adequate communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with internal and external team members.
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies as they are introduced to the company.
- Highly adaptable to change.
- Ability to Travel as needed for Projects and stay on-site or location.
- Ability to work long hours, evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required by the job.
Required Education and/or Work Experience:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency with construction techniques and structured cabling.
- Experience with ticketing systems.
- OSHA 10 or Higher.
Preferred Education and/or Work Experience:
- Electronic Systems Technician experience.
- Access Control, IP Cameras, Intercom, Crestron Toolbox Experience.
- Computer configuration and general networking skills.
Motor Vehicle/Travel Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proof of vehicle insurance is required for those who may drive a personal vehicle for business.
- Ability to fly as necessary from location to location.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such requests should be made in writing to the position’s supervisor and/or Human Resources. All requests shall require review by the Human Resources Department.
- Ability to communicate and interact verbally, both in person and over the phone.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 5 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to travel overnight, up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to travel to work locations nationally.
- Ability to use personal computers, basic scanning devices, smartphones, and professional tablets effectively; aptitude to learn new technologies as they are introduced to the company.
- Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Benefits including flexible spending account, health, dental, and vision
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays (8)
- 401K/Profit sharing
- Short term disability
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Dynamic company culture
- Per diem
- Company paid hotel room for individual
- Cell phone stipend
ECC is an Equal Opportunity Provider.